Sunday, September 20, 2015

Blessings



My Dear Son:



So also the reciprocal of the boomerang effect is simply, blessings. The idea behind this fourth part of the total concept is, you can likewise reverberate good will toward yourself by extending it to others.



A few years ago I had the opportunity to extend this kind of blessing and reap its benefits. On the outset, it might sound selfish; that you are simply extending good will in order to receive blessing yourself. But once again, you have to consider the context. If you are being intentionally wronged by someone and you choose to extend good will instead of retaliation, you are hardly acting selfishly.


The context for me was, I loved my work dearly and put my best foot forward. Due to some interpersonal conflicts at the workplace, I decided it best for me to resign. After that I was frustrated on several levels: one, I no longer had my own income, and two, I'd left a career that I'd only just begun to develop.



Now, a very big part of me wanted payback. I felt that the terms which led to my resignation were highly unfair. And, as long as I lived under the auspices that I had been treated unfairly, my body hurt very badly. Until one day when a friend handed me a very special book. Its introduction begins:


This is a course in miracles. It is a required course. Only the time

you take it is voluntary.



And I was about to be very, very surprised.



No comments: