Sunday, October 11, 2015

Exploring

My Dear Son:

I had an idea this morning when I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Sometimes when I do that, I come sit by you while you sleep and talk to you with my mind. It's been called several things, but this is how I describe it: there have been times we've been driving along, and I'm thinking about something that happened that day, and you'll make a comment about it. When you were little I used to think about nursery rhymes, and you would start singing the tunes out loud!

So, that said, it occurred to me that, you might enjoy some letters, and on those mornings when I sometimes can't sleep, that would be the time to write them. Now lately, I've been sending you messages about how much I love you and how very proud of you I am. You're teaching yourself, and that's a big part of learning. There's nothing wrong with that, and you will find as you get older, that is actually what we all do, is teach ourselves. Sure, you will have certified teachers and instructors who direct you, and teach you, but in the end, it's really up to you to decide how much you will learn, and what you will learn, and how you will use it.

I've been sending you lots of messages about how capable you are, because you are! When I give you lectures or those disappointed looks, it's because I fully understand how trying learning can be at times. I frankly hated school myself! But as I got older, when school was no longer required, I really began to enjoy learning. There are really so many things to explore in life. So I think it helps to imagine that you are going on an exploration every day instead of just going to school. You can even imagine you are blasting off on Starship Voyager to look at a new galaxy!




No comments: